I hate writer's block. I get it everytime I write something more than two sentences long. I always have to rely on my muSe to get me to spawn up some sort of viable article (see also: Sugar CrispS poem), you know who you are. Well, I guess it's better than going on an 8 day peyote shaman trip to Mount Vesuvius, although I'm sure that would prove interesting.

Hmm....I saw Amelie the other night. Yes, I'm really stretching for something to talk about, shut up. It was a good movie. One of the best movies I've seen in a long time, in fact. I wasn't a fan of, however, Matthew Good glomming onto the idea of stealing someone's lawn gnome and taking pictures of it at different tourist sites around the world, and then returning the gnome with an envelope full of pictures. It is a really funny idea, and something I totally would love to do (anyone game?) I just don't like how he ripped it off, made a video out of it for Anti-Pop, and making me believe that it was his idea and that he was quite possibly the most funniest person I've seen. I hadn't seen the movie at that point. Don't get me wrong, I do love Matthew Good, I just think he should not have taken someone else's good idea and turned it into a video for a song supposedly ANTI pop in order to market the video/album/himself, when it is clearly the most "pop" song on the album, and probably the most pop-y video as well. Maybe that's the point, I'm not really sure. It just seems strange to me.

Anyway, back to Amelie. Damn it, I lost it. Stupid Matt Good, made me lose my train of thought.

Comments

S devil said…
I know this is an old writing of yours but find it amusing as I could do something similar on my trip coming up and was thinking of idea's to do when we pass certain land marks!

Popular Posts