I remember the days when peanuts were a delicious ice cream topping and not a deadly allergen. Playing hide-n-seek and having to be home when the street lights came on. Listening to MC Hammer, Vanilla Ice and Weird Al Yankovic on my hand-me-down red ghetto blaster.

My biggest financial transactions revolved around a weekly allowance, Christmas and birthdays. Saturday morning cartoons were actually good, like Inspector Gadget, Punky Brewster, Carebears, Transformers, He-Man, G.I. Joe, X-men, Bugs Bunny and Tweety.

We used to pass notes in class instead of text message; call people on the phone and have a huge list of memorized phone numbers; met people face-to-face; used hard-bound encyclopedias in libraries to look up facts; had film cameras, got our pictures developed and placed them in bulky photo albums.

Comments

Vee said…
I really miss those days. I'm surprised I even remember my number these days...

Popular Posts